Ehime University Wireless Network Connection ProcedureiWindowsj
The procedure for connecting to the Ehime University wireless network is shown below. The University adopts 802.1X certification. To use 802.1X authentication, you need to configure the settings once to verify the security of the authentication server to connect to. No settings are required for the next connection.
All procedures are for connecting to "eunet". When connecting to "eustaff", read "eunet" as "eustaff".
* Please note that ESSID: eunet is for students and eustaff is for staff. Cannot connect to non-target ESSID.
Ehime University account (If you do not have an Ehime University account, you need to apply separately)
A terminal with one of the following OS installed
E Windows 10 (Some models do not support gNetwork Authentication Method (EAP-TTLS)h
[Windows 10 connection procedure]
The connection procedure of Windows 10 is described as an example. Please note that there are some differences in the setting method depending on the OS version.
(1) Select "All apps" from the start button at the bottom left.
(2) Press gSystem Toolh and select gControl Panelh.
(3) Select "Network and Internet".
(4) Select "Network and Sharing Center".
(5) Select gSet up a new connection or networkh.
(6) Select "Manually connect to a wireless network" and press the "Next" button.
(7) Enter geuneth (or eustaff) in gNetwork (E)h, change gSecurity type (S)h to gWPA2-Enterpriseh, and press gNexth.B
(8) Select gChange connection settingsh.
(9) Select the gSecurityh tab.
(10) Select gEAP-TTLSh from the list in gSelect the authentication method for the networkh.
* "EAP-TTLS" may not be selectable depending on the wireless LAN card installed in the terminal.
The response in that case is under consideration.
(11) Click the gSettingh button.
(12) Select "Select non-EAP method for authentication" in client authentication, and select "Unencrypted password (PAP)" from the list. After selecting, click the gOKh button.
(13) Click the gDetailed Settingsh button.
(14) Check "Specify the authentication mode" and select "User authentication" from the list.
After the selection, press the "Save credentials" button.
(15) Enter gUser nameh and gPasswordh and click gOKh button.
(16) Click the gOKh button.
(17) Return to the desktop screen and click the wireless icon.
(18) Confirm that "eunet" (or eustaff) is already connected. If not already connected, select "eunet" (or eustaff) and press the "connect" button to connect.